Friday, December 21, 2012

This Week's Workings and Pricing

I've been working on Christmas stuff this week for the most part.

I finished up my first flat Kumihimo weave. It ended up a bit shorter than it was supposed to be. >.< It ended up being about 4 feet long instead of the 6 feet I wanted. I did discover that the finished product is about 2/3 the size of the original string being used :D

Now I know!

This is the finished spool of ~4 feet.

I used black, white and blue.
 This was supposed to be part of some trim that was to go to a friend of mine (yes Jess that means you >.<) but as it's not long enough this will be going elsewhere.

Pricing on trim (flat weave made with string) is $18.54 a yard. Keep in mind these are each hand made and unique creations. These can be weaved with anywhere from 1 to 5 different colors.


I'm working on some other Kumihimo for Christmas too.
I am doing an eight part metal round weave out of wire. It's looking really great and I'm gonna be making some jewelry out of it as well as a Christmas present for someone. Can't say what or who just yet!

What the weave looks like when the wires are woven together

Still on the wheel, not finished just yet >.<

Close up of it.
Earrings out of this are going to be about $15 a pair. I will be making some in the next few days. I'll post pictures of them as soon as they're done. ^^
A choker necklace out of the metal, about 14-15 inches long, would cost about $20.
The round metal weave can be made out of anywhere from 1 to 8 different colors.

The finished necklace that I posted earlier, the one with star chain-mail on it, I realized that I hadn't posted a price so...

Pictures to remind everyone ^^

The full necklace with it's toggle closure
A necklace like this one would cost about $15
I would also be able to do a stylized earring version to match and those would go for about $13.50 a pair.

All the Chain-mail will be from our partners over at Majestic Maile! Each of the earrings and necklaces of this type will have a custom made Celtic star on it ^^ I will have results posted as soon as possible from the example ones I will be doing soon ^^

Hope everyone likes it! ^^
Rowen
Fire-Inspired Co-Creator

No comments:

Post a Comment