Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Two in One and Weekly Workings

Well I've had some requests for things to be posted as well as my follow up on the kumihimo weaving. Here are some examples of my series work as well as the pricing for prints. Here also is the second how to kumihimo video. This one a collaboration with a wonderful lady who taught me how to weave kumihimo the same night we filmed the video.

How to: Kumihimo Weave Number 2:


Trappings Photography Series:

My series is about the various things that trap people in society and the perceptions of ourselves and other people. I will post a selection of the most popular pieces of the series. These was designed as a part of a 12 part series following the stereotypes that trap us.

Each print is 8x10 high quality photograph and is $19.93

Mangled Faith:


This is one of the most popular pieces from the series. It's about the trappings of religion.  A statement on people's reaction to other faiths, it's perfect for an office or church to inspire common sense and a sense of cooperation and coexistence.

Book Wormy:


One of my favorites of the series. This one is about how other people's categories and stereo-types can trap us. This one is perfect for book-worms with more under the surface. This would be wonderful in a home office or reading room to set the mood just right.

Poison Perception:



This is, by far, the most popular piece of them all. This is about dealing with other people's perceptions of oneself and the trapping nature of other people's opinions. This would make a powerful statement in any home or office setting serving to remind people that the only limits are those we put on ourselves.

Weekly Workings:

This week I've been working on kumihimo weaving for the most part. I finished up the first round weave I was doing.

The round black and white on the wheel still.

What I am doing with the final product.


The chain mail on this was a gift from my brother. This is a choker necklace.

And several other  completed projects too.
2 more round weaves, a green and purple and a blue and red.

At the moment I am working on a trade commission for a friend of mine (yes Jess this is your trim ;3) 6 feet of trim in her colors, white, black, and blue, and 6 feet in her lord's colors, white, black, and green. It will be a flat braid. Pics will be up when it's finished.

Rowen :3

1 comment:

  1. Oh nice! Love the Celtic star, not a big fanof normal cut maille, I perfer saw cut but he did an amazing job hiding most of the cloesures!

    Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete