Saturday, February 23, 2013

Weekly Workings This Week:

Concept sketch with measurements
This week I've been mainly working on updating the blog organizationally. Keep an eye out for changes that will be starting to appear. ^^ Still working on some lampworking this week and on some kumihimo weaving.

I've decided to take on a couple new projects this last week. The first of which is for a belt of kumihimo weaving. The general idea for the project is to weave 5 strands of round kumihimo, each 1 solid color, into one flat weave to create a belt. This one is going to be in earth tones. Greens and browns. This one is for myself but when it's done and I have an estimate on how long these things will take me to make >.< there will be an option to commission on for yourself.
For those SCAdians out there, wouldn't it just complete the look your going for on your garb to have a custom woven belt or girdle in your choice of colors?

The other project I'm going to be working on in the next few weeks is learning how to do some basic chain mail. I have a concept for a necklace that I really want to do not too long from now that's gonna require some serious chain mailing! Wish me luck!

Also started work on the second try for the trim for a friend of mine.  A flat weave kumihimo out of green, black, and white.

Rowen


No comments:

Post a Comment