Saturday, November 24, 2012

Snoodiness and Maille!

Today I finished up my first example of a snood. It's a bit inelegant, but for a first attempt it's pretty darn good. I suppose there's a learning curve to any new skill but this particular one was frustrating me and my perfectionist nature >-< The second one I did was much better.

The loops on it are a bit big, but I've got that figured out now. I used a 5 petal start on it and branched out.


Prices for a snood will be about $15 per. They are available in any range of colors and I can even do combinations of colors.


I am beginning some more lamp-work today and tomorrow morning in preparation for some Society for Creative Anachronism events I'm headed to in the next 2 months.  I have a project for the An Tir princesses in the works that will be worked on soon as well.

In other news, we here at Fire Inspired have teamed up with another artisty person. Scott over at Majestic Maille has begun talks about commissioning Lamp-work for some of his chain mail pieces. If you have a special bead request to be worked into the chain mail that can be arranged as well. ^^

Below is the web address for Majestic Maille:
http://majesticmaille.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment