Friday, November 23, 2012

Weekly Workings

Well I figure I ought to take a page from a friend's book and post with what I'm working on right now.

I've recently started working on making a snood. My mom found an old one she'd made some 18 years ago in my closet and it inspired me to get crocheting!

For those of you who don't know what a snood is, it's like a hair net or a bun cover that's a whole lot better looking. It's made of crocheted yarn or string that's been woven in a circular pattern.

They were worn a lot in the middle ages and the Renaissance. It's a cool little fashion piece and looks wonderful with any outfit. It can be dressed up and down and is one of my personal favorite hair pieces.They can be any color or combination of colors. Often in the Renaissance wealthy women would weave pearls into the crochet to display their wealth just that little bit better.

Pictured is an example of a snood. Not my own work as of yet, but a fit example none the less. They can be any color or combination of colors.

Pricing on this one's a bit uncertain but estimates will come when I know how long it will take me to make each snood.

As always you can email me to commission any piece you see on here or a custom piece of your own design.


And below is the awesome tutorial I found that got me started ^^

1 comment:

  1. That looks like fun! I don not have the hand dexerity though s o I think I will stick with Chain Maille.

    ReplyDelete